Friday, January 06, 2006

"The love is free and the freeway's long..."

It occurs to me that I've had this ribbed sweater listed in my "what I'm working on" section for months now, and I've never put up a picture of it. Here's what I have completed so far, as well as a close-up of the ribbing:

That's the finished back and not-quite-half of the front.

My apartment is starting to look presentable. Still not "clean", but I'm getting there. I can see the surface of my coffee table, and most of the junk in my living room is organized into piles of what needs to be filed, what needs to be shredded, etc. I feel like I've made some good progress.


For me, the early frontrunner in the Thursdays @ 9 pm battle of CSI vs The O.C. vs My Name Is Earl/The Office seems to be Earl/Office. The O.C. wasn't in the running this week, as Fox decided to show the fine Rob Schneider film The Hot Chick instead... I get the feeling that Fox has grown weary of The O.C. and is setting it up for failure as only Fox knows how. Those wankers. (Yes, 3 years later, I'm still bitter about Firefly.)

The Office (either one) comes up with some fantastic pranks. Like putting someone's stapler into a Jello mold. Or, from last night's episode, having the vending machine person restock the snack machine with items from someone's desk. I had a lot of reservations about the US version when they first announced it, but I think this is one of the only British shows that the US networks have done justice to. The original will always be first in my heart for "Free Love Freeway" alone... I can't watch the "Who Cares Wins" episode without ending up in tears during the sing-a-long.

I finished American Gods last night. Note to self: reading graphic stuff about death and maggots and worms as you're falling asleep can lead to some really icky dreams. Maybe we could not do that again. Honestly, my subconscious lives to screw with me. Loved the book anyway, and I figure I'll be starting Anansi Boys tonight.

The chances are now very good that I'll need to pop "Who Cares Wins" in the ol' DVD player sometime later today...

No comments: