Sunday, April 16, 2006

Orange you glad I didn't say "Banana"?

Here's my shrug:
Tammy Shrug

Orange enough for you?
Tammy Shrug, back view

Pattern: Tammy Shrug, posted on Craftster
Yarn: 3 balls of Rowan Cotton Tape, "Sunburst"
Needles: Size 10.5 (sleeves) and 11 (back)
Modifications: Added a single crochet border and an elastic thread around the opening.


The in-progress Petticoat Sock:
Petticoat Sock, 4/16/06
The stitch pattern is neat, but the striping on the yarn is obscuring it a bit. Once I'm done with both socks, I'll probably overdye them to see if I can tone down the blue.


While we're on the subject of dyed yarn:
Hand dyed yarn

That's my latest. Black Cherry Kool Aid in varying quantities. It's not entirely evident in the picture, but the skein starts out light pink and gradually darkens to reddish pink. I'll have to knit up a swatch to see how I like it.


I went grocery shopping today, and when I got home, I got out of the car and was greeted by a cat. A little white cat with gray splotches, who turned out to be the sweetest cat ever. It followed me back and forth while I unloaded my bags, meowing quite plaintively because I wasn't paying enough attention to it. It even let me scratch its head; none of our normal strays act like this. The other strays around here all run if you get within 20 feet of them, so I'm not sure yet whether this one really is a stray, or if it belongs to someone and has just managed to get outside. If I keep seeing it around (I can't believe I'm about to say this), I may consider letting it move in here. Another knitter with a cat... just what the world needs, eh. :)

5 comments:

Rain said...

Ooooo you catnapper you! Cats do that, they adopt people.

Love the shrug, it will be perfect come summer.

I really like the start of your petticoat sock too.

Annie said...

I like that shrug, thanks for posting the link. Great job! And HOORAY for Petticoat Socks! They were my first socks and you can see them here: http://annie-knits.blogspot.com/2006/02/no-agony-in-da-feet.html I thought they were fun to work on. Your dye work is lovely. I really like the coral colored yarn.

Trillian42 said...

The shrug looks great! Aren't you glad you didn't leave the yarn in the store? The sock looks great too - I like the variegated yarn.

(And yes, we're home.)

Zonda said...

That shrug is cute! Love the bright color! Your sock is looking good, love that color too!
And....you dyed yarn is lovely too! Whew you busy person you! :)

roxy =^o^= said...

Jen you are so cute! I love that shrug and the sock prgress is lovely.

I'll bet you a million bucks that little gray kitten is part of the feral posse I feed (since we are literally 30 seconds from each other)

http://harajukuroxy.blogspot.com/2006/04/cats.html