Friday, April 21, 2006

Woolwinders RULES

On Wednesday afternoon, I got an e-mail from Woolwinders saying that they were having a sale Thursday-Sunday (minimum 15% off everything in the store). The sale happened to include 40% off all Elsebeth Lavold yarns, which is what made me decide that yes, I had to go. I went yesterday and had a grand time. I picked up some EL Cable Cotton, Silky Wool, a skein of Blue Heron cotton woven ribbon, and Elsebeth Lavold's "Viking Knits" pattern book, which is almost entirely gorgeous cabled sweaters done in Silky Wool. With yesterday's Silky Wool purchase, I have enough for two sweaters -- one in bright pink, and another in a combo of cream, light blue, and darker blue.

My sock is going well. I've turned the heel, picked up gusset stitches, and am on the foot section now. No new projects. I've joined the Mon Petit Chou knitalong, so I'm trying to keep my "other projects" list reasonable since I already know I'm starting something new in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, my purple Cotton Tape is taunting me from its bag, so I may have to start my Cache-Coeur Bergamo...

Does anyone else not like Entertainment Weekly's new layout? I've given it a few weeks, and it's not growing on me at all. There's a lot of white space on the pages now, and it feels like they've gotten rid of content in order to have things look more stylized. Bleh.

No comments: