Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Fun yarn!

I won yarn from Coleen's blogiversary drawing! Yay!

Regia sock yarn

2 balls of Regia 4fädig Linien Color. What look like red stripes there are actually a nice fuschia pink. Thanks, Coleen!

While I'm at it, here's more yarn that I haven't shown off yet:

Karabella Supercashmere Fine

That's a ball of Karabella Supercashmere Fine, which was gifted to me by Eunny... it is gorgeous stuff. I think I may make the Wine and Roses Mitts from the Winter '06 IK. I may not have enough to do the entire project in this, but I could either a) find another yarn to use for the cuffs or b) make a shorter cuffs. Not casting on any time soon for this, but it's in the queue.

And go me -- I haven't bought yarn for myself since Stitches! I haven't joined an official stashalong or anything, but I have a lot of yarn that I'm quite fond of, and I feel like I should use it instead of continuing to buy more and more.

And the sachet for the white elephant?

Knitted sachet

No, that's not a heart... but it's also no longer for the white elephant raffle. I came across something in my apartment that I'd been halfway meaning to get rid of, and since that's what a white elephant swap is SUPPOSED to be, that's what's going. The sachet is very cute. I got 4 squares done, and then I was playing around with it while watching Prison Break and realized that the squares could be sewn together to make this little geometric object.

Now, the question is: how many different types of bread am I taking in for this holiday party? Right now, the count stands at 3... a number which might change once I actually start making dough. (And like there was a chance I was going to bring something OTHER than bread... I haven't made bread for them yet, and I've been working there since Halloween).

I am actually approaching the end of sleeve #1 on the Simple Knitted Bodice. If I could get myself away from my computer for longer stretches of time, it would be done by now. I'm toning down the flare on the bell sleeves, because I want something a little bit more practical that I could theoretically wear to work. Of course, the thermostat seems to be set around 76 degrees in there, so it may actually be too warm for a long-sleeved alpaca sweater. I'm thinking very seriously about ripping out the purl ridges around the bottom hem and doing a seed stitch border instead. Right now, my bottom hem curls up like crazy. Ribbing would make it pull in too much, so seed stitch seems like what I may go for. I'll experiment with the cuffs to see what works. :)

3 comments:

Jody said...

The sachet is too cute - I saw that article and have been meaning to make one too.

I can't wait to see how that sweater turns out!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, those are some fun yarns. And I like the sachet too. Though, for some reason, I think it looks like a real heart, and not like the one in the pattern. That might be the med student in me.

Also, I love seed stitch. I think it's just the best.

Anonymous said...

Your bread was so yummy. Thanks for letting me sit and knit with you last night. I'm glad you got my red washcloth and little cabled bag. I know you appreciate how much I enjoyed knitting them. Kathy