Thursday, September 18, 2008

Yellowstone

Yellowstone Lake

Pool in a thermal area

Bison

More at my Flickr set

Yellowstone was amazing. I wish we'd had more time to see it, because even with spending a full day there, we had to skip a lot. You can't really plan how long it will take to get from one place to another, because you never know when you're going to get stuck in an hour-long traffic backup caused by people taking pictures of a bear (which will, of course, be gone by the time you get to where everyone ahead of you stopped). We saw tons of bison and elk, and even saw a couple of moose on our side trip to the Grizzly Bar in Roscoe, MT; I found a picture of the place here. I probably would have taken a picture myself, had I not left my camera sitting in my car in the Dulles long term parking lot. All of the pictures I have are off J's camera, but I did at least take some of them.

After Yellowstone, I camped out at J's house for the week. I found plenty to occupy myself with while J was at work. I met him for lunch every day, got my fleischkeuchle fix (German for "greasy but fabulous fried meat pie"), played WoW, knit... he's such a sweetie, he even found the one place in town that sells yarn and made sure to take me there. The one day that he had to work late, he called me to come out to the job site with him rather than have me sit around at the house for another hour and a half. He gets gold stars. Lots of them.

Anyway, once I got home I needed some retail yarn therapy...
Gone Fishin'

Yes, I'm trying to accumulate enough of the Jimmy Beans monthly Lorna's Laces colors to be able to Do Something. I have big delusional dreams of a sock yarn blanket.

2 comments:

Jody said...

Awesome pictures!! I'm sooo jealous that you got to go to Yellowstone!

bySarah said...

Your yellowstone pictures are AMAZING. Yellowstone is at the top of my MUST visit list of places, and your pics totally confirmed it!! I just had the best time looking through all of the pics on your flickr. Thank you.

And your boy does sound quite sweet. =)