Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Whee!

I'm back from a 2-week trip to see J! We had a wonderful time together. Lots of movies (Star Trek, Wolverine, and Terminator, plus tons more on video), bike rides together, me using him as a guinea pig for recipes... and the cat was happy to see me as well. Last time, she completely ignored the knitting. This time, yarn meant playtime.

I started a new project to take with me the night before I left. Want to see?

Terttu shawl

Terttu backlit

It's Terttu from lankakomero. LOVE. The lace isn't too complicated, so I figured this would be a safe project for airport and plane knitting. Turns out that it's addictive, and pretty easy to memorize... I'll keep going until I'm in danger of running out of yarn (which is Ellen's Half-Pint Farm merino-tencel sock yarn in an unknown colorway of green and brown).

1 comment:

Jody said...

Nice! Glad you got to see J for 2 whole weeks!

The lace is lovely!