Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Pooling can be good

I've been playing around with this "pooling stripes" project for a while. I love how the color sequence of the yarn takes center stage!

Pooling on purpose

Pooling on purpose

Pooling on purpose

This was done with the leftover "Desert Flower" Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock from my Calorimetry, so I only had enough for something cowl-sized.

The stitch pattern was a very simple YO-k2tog done on both sides to make the fabric reversible. It gave me a lot of play in terms of being able to align the color changes. Some variation was inevitable because the color lengths in the yarn didn't stay consistent. The beige in particular would run anywhere from 0.5" to 2.5", so being able to play with the tension and the size of the YOs made a world of difference.

More pictures when it's dry!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

This is so pretty! I love how the color changes look with the stitch pattern.

Jody said...

What a cool way to play with color - I love the finished product! How did you manage to get the repeats to work out? Just trial and error?