Monday, February 05, 2007

Norberta

My first stuffed knit toy!

Norberta

Norberta from Knitty, made for a friend at work who will be out for several weeks recuperating from surgery. She is a fellow WoW geek, and I thought a fearsome dragon/dinosaur beastie would be fitting. :)

Norberta

Yes, that's Minas Tirith that Norberta is attacking.

Norberta was made with TLC Cotton Plus, done wildly off-gauge on size 6 needles. The pieces all matched up with each other just fine. I got a slightly stumpier head than the "real" one has, but that was the only real difference that I saw.

6 comments:

Laura B said...

So cute! I like TLC cotton for stuffies too.

Anonymous said...

That is adorable!! Knitting stuffed toys is always so fun.

Jody said...

Too cute! I love the colors you picked.

It reminds me of Puff the Magic Dragon:)

Lolly said...

Ohh! so it wasn't a bra?! :) hehe
I love her!

Sara Kirby said...

Is a Norberta a name play off the baby dragon in Harry Potter named "Norbert"?

She's way cute. I want to make one!

Anonymous said...

Whoa Minas Tirith! What a great dinosaur/dragon. Rock!