Wednesday, May 23, 2007

7 random things

I have been tagged for this. Twice, actually. Once by Coleen, and once by Jody. I hope that doesn't mean that I have to do this twice. :)

Anyway, here are 7 things about me that may or may not be interesting...

1. I used to be fluent in Spanish, and actually used to think in Spanish from time to time without entirely realizing it. I still occasionally do this, but I've forgotten so much vocabulary that I don't get very far.

2. I am allergic to many, many things. You know it's bad when your allergist gives you one of those allergen reaction scratch tests, shakes his head, and says, "I'm not entirely sure how you manage to function without living in a bubble." Yes. Seriously. I'm not sure whether I should be very proud or very scared. Oh, and the thing about my allergies that freaks people out the most? The fact that I have never had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in my entire life.

3. I went to a "hypnotherapist" for about 4 sessions right after I was first diagnosed with panic attacks. This ended unceremoniously when I was listening to an audiocassette that he had made of one of the relaxation exercises, and realized that the clip-on microphone had picked up the sound of his stomach growling persistently. Let me tell you, I was just barely taking it seriously before that...

4. A lot of my sense of humor was shaped by watching Mystery Science Theater 3000 in junior high and high school. I still have most of my tapes from the old Turkey Day marathons (which are now anywhere from 11-14 years old), and they're a main reason for me still having a VCR.

5. I am the queen of recognizing guest stars on television shows. At my scariest, it'll be someone who played an alien on TNG 15 years ago, or a demon on Buffy 10 years ago, and never appeared on screen without multiple layers of prosthetics.

6. Give me a violent action movie over a weepy chick flick any day. :)

7. I was a huge nerd in school, but I was a well-liked nerd. Very few people ever gave me any trouble, even though they had a large array of nerdish things that they could have used as ammo: I won a school spelling bee in 5th grade (beating out a 6th grader, which actually made me vaguely cool to my classmates for a little while), I was runner-up in the school's first geography bee in 6th grade, I did both biology league and physics league in high school, and placed 4th statewide in bio league, and I was in marching band.

Not tagging anyone... is there anyone besides me who hadn't already done this? ;)

1 comment:

Jody said...

I was in the marching band... but that was cool wasn't it?

:)