Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Simple Knitted Bodice in progress

Here's my Simple Knitted Bodice so far:
Simple Knitted Bodice progress

I'm using Misti Alpaca Worsted, and OH MY, do I love this stuff. It's mostly a peacock blue, with a bit of reddish brown heathering running through it. It is very snuggly, and working with it just makes me want to buy more.

Simple Knitted Bodice, stitch closeup

Simple Knitted Bodice, increase column
(This one's closer to the real-life colors. The brown is subtler than it is the first picture.)

I'm through about 3 repeats of the increase section. I still need to find beads for the lace section, but as luck would have it, there is a bead store right near my apartment. This would be a good excuse to go check it out...

You know how every woman who goes on What Not To Wear gets herself a fabulous pair of knee-high black boots? Well, I've been looking for a pair for myself for about 5 years, but every pair I've found has been too big or has been too ridiculously expensive. I finally lucked out today and found a reasonably priced pair that fits me. Yes!! I'm up over 5' tall in these things. ;)

No comments: