Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Still here

I'm getting absolutely no knitting done. It's been an aggravating and frustrating couple of weeks, but I'm under orders from a friend to "go be happy", which right now involves as much gaming as I can take before my eyes start to cross. Aggressive = therapeutic. I've dinged 6 times in the last week and a half; only 36 more lvls before I'm actually useful to my guildmates. Nothing like joining a guild where almost everyone has a lvl 70 main and realizing that, besides begging for instance runs, you can't do anything with them for another month and a half (and that's unbelievably optimistic... I can't keep up the leveling pace that I'm on right now).

I owe Sarah a belated "thank you!" for the magnetic chart keeper and the *awesome* box bag that she made:
Box Bag
Love it! The fabric is so cheery. :)

I'm inspired by all the sewing that the people around me have been doing lately, and I think I need to re-learn how to sew. I may have figured out why my machine has been breaking thread... It's about 30 years old, and I don't think the needle has ever been changed. I brought home a couple of basic sewing books, and "dull needle" was listed as a possible cause for thread breakage. We'll see if that helps.

I'm bummed that I couldn't go on the trip to the Mannings on Saturday with the gals... I had to work, and it looks like I missed a great time spinning and petting various animals and buying things and scaring waitresses. Hopefully things will work out so I can go next time!

A group of us went for dinner last night at the Red Parrot Asian Cafe in Columbia. Good food (yummy Thai basil chicken for me), but bizarre service. Mochi ice cream, by the way, is a ball of sticky rice filled with ice cream. Yes, I'm so much of a dork that I looked it up on Wikipedia...

A post-dinner photo from Lolly:
Dinner Before Knitting

After dinner, we hung out and did our knitting thing, and I managed to get to the heel flap of my sock. Maybe I'll be more inspired, now that it won't just be round after round of this repetitive lace pattern. Very pretty, very easy, but kind of boring; I've done this same 6-stitch repeat 470 times now (270 total on sock #1, plus 200 so far on sock #2).

3 comments:

Stacey said...

looks like a perfect night for outdoor dining! doesn't Sarah make the best bags!!!!

Jody said...

Love the bag, of course!

No time for gaming - must do more knitting!!!

It was fun hanging out on Monday!

Lolly said...

I was happy to see you on Monday! thanks for coming out to join me :)

Very cute bag!