Friday, June 29, 2007

Two things

One, I am quite excited to find out that book two of Karl Schroeder's Virga series is coming out in August. I'll be looking for geeky fun things to read after HP7, and this will do nicely. :)

Two, after an 8-day-long work week (I'll be more careful about which Sundays I sign up for from now on), I was standing at the return counter today at 4:45, feet absolutely killing me, and the returns pile getting no smaller. Someone dropped off a stack of romance paperbacks, including one called "The Sheikh's Bartered Bride". Ok, that's not an unusual romance title. Every male in these stories is a sheikh, or a prince, or an Italian or Texan billionaire with a diamond mine. And then I scanned the book in, and noticed that our system has it typoed as "The Sheikh's Battered Bride". *snort* That was PRECISELY the laugh I needed. :)

(By the way, if you think I'm kidding, here's our first page of search results: Sheikh Surgeon (a doctor AND a sheikh--bonus!), Love-Slave to the Sheikh, Bedded by the Desert King, At the Sheikh's Command, Taken by the Sheikh, Traded to the Sheikh, Stolen by the Sheikh, Possessed by the Sheikh, The Sheikh's Innocent Bride, The Sheikh's Disobedient Bride, In the Arms of the Sheikh, The Fierce and Tender Sheikh, The Ice Maiden's Sheikh.)

No comments: