Friday, July 06, 2007

Go With The Flow socks

We had lovely plans to go see fireworks on the Fourth... and then came the thunderstorm and tornado warnings. So instead, Amie, Jody, Coleen, and I hung out at Coleen's, did some knitting, and watched Office Space. I have a feeling that, if we had decided to stay for the fireworks instead of saying, "Wet ground... icky", I wouldn't have finished these:

Go With The Flow socks

My Go With The Flow socks are now DONE and wearable! This pattern is in IK summer 2005, and is also in the Interweave Favorite Socks book. The easily memorized and very repetitive lace made it so I could work on this absolutely anywhere... and I'm glad I had coaching for the final kitchenering, because I can never remember how to get that started.

Go With The Flow socks


And, lest you think that I only have one measly FO here...
Box Bag

Folks, I SEWED. It's been about 15 years since the last time that happened. With some very patient supervision from Jody and Sarah, Amie and I each turned out a box bag yesterday! Do I already have several sewing books checked out of the library? Maybe... :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! You finished, and they came out gorgeous!

Jody said...

The bag and the socks look awesome!

Anonymous said...

Go CHACHA!!! They look great.
Jolene

Amie said...

oh, your bag looks so cute! I'm two final seams from finishing another bag that is so cute it ticks me off.

After that there will be a sewing hiatus, since I can't buy more supplies until payday on the 15th....

danielle said...

You're socks look great! And Office Space is always fun. Sounds like a great 4th.

Stacey said...

cute socks - those are on my (way too long) to do list! the box bag came out great! you would never know you haven't sewn in that long!

Lolly said...

Wow, those socks sure are purty! :)