Thursday, July 12, 2007

Ljod coming along

Know what's fun? Working in a library a couple of weeks before HP7 comes out. There are a few people there who haven't read the books and have no interest in it whatsoever... but the rest of us are geeking out pretty hardcore. I'll see if I can get some pictures of what's happened to the circ desk. I can;t wait to see what the place looks like for our big HP program, since this is just some early prep work that they're doing.

Hit a nice progress point on Ljod yesterday:
lower back--done

And since you can't see it in that picture above...
Bindoff for armhole

I've started binding off for the armholes. It's earlier than the pattern says to start, but I had the realization that, if I follow the pattern for length, I'm going to have a sweater that's 28" long. I don't want to envision myself in a sweater that big. Actually, that would be a very good guarantee that I'd never wear it.

And the totally unexpected good news I got today: the state tax people are giving me a refund! I thought I owed money to them, but it turns out that I didn't even have to file because I was working part-time for most of the year. I came home to find a nice check in my mail, and had absolutely no clue that it was coming. *grin*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh how it has grown since I last visited with this sweater!!