Sunday, April 01, 2007

April's here!

For those of us doing Project Spectrum, the arrival of April means we get to focus on happy springy colors: yellow, green, and pink. I can't wait to see the projects that everyone's working on!

As far as pink goes, I generally like it to look something like this:
Silky Wool

I've had this Silky Wool in the stash for a while, and it's begging to be made into something. I'm finding myself torn between two sweaters out of Elsebeth Lavold's Viking Knits.

Ljod:
Ljod

Tordis:
Tordis

I already know that whichever sweater I don't make now will be made eventually in another color. I love both of them. Ljod has gorgeous shaping, and I'm really taken with the little knot cables on the bottom. I haven't knit a cardigan yet, and if I'm going to do one, it'll be this. And then I look at Tordis, which makes the Doctor Who fan in me chuckle... Right off the bat, I can tell you that if I go with this one, I would change the neckline to something other than a mock turtleneck. However, I love the cables, I love that it's a more relaxed shape than either of the sweaters I've made before... I can't decide.

I think I'm putting it to a vote. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen, I have Elsebeth Lavold Designer's Choice, Book Four
The Sophisticated Lady Collection.
If you would like to see what other patterns have to offer. If not then I like the first one!
Jolene

Jody said...

I LOVE that cardigan! The little knots on the side are so great!!!

Coleen said...

I vote for the cardigan too!!

Lolly said...

I do like both, but I am thinking that the cardigan would be your best bet :)

Stacey said...

I love that cardi - make that one!!!