Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Knitting mojo!

I went to a Knit Night in Columbia last night, and had a great time (once I found where it was... that's got to be the most well-hidden Panera anywhere). I was one of six new people there, which thankfully meant that I wasn't the only one trying to learn a whole bunch of names. I've gotten a lot better with names since I started working at the library, but I'm still far from having a photographic memory for names and faces. :)

I had my recently-started Tempting II with me. Right now, it's a lot of k1p1 rib, which is something I don't have to pay tons of attention to... good social knitting. When I got there, I had about 2.5" of it complete... when I left, I had 4". How the heck did that happen? Aren't my projects supposed to take forever? Apparently, I had good knitting mojo last night. And a couple of people there had spindles with them. When I went up to grab some food, a couple of people behind the counter were commenting on what was going on at our table. "Oh my gosh, did you see this? That lady's SPINNING!" I may have to bring along the cotton candy roving next time...

Anyway, lots of fun people, AND I got a decent amount of knitting done. Woohoo! I'd love to get Tempting II done before summer's over. The way I look at it, I got my altered Ribbon X-back done during the Knitting Olympics, and that was WAY more stitches than this is.

Right now, I'm just enjoying doing nothing... today I worked 4 hours at one branch, grabbed a sandwich from Panera (yes, that's two Panera meals in two days), drove to the other side of the county, scarfed down my sandwich in 10 minutes, and then worked another 3 hours at a different branch. I'm just vegging out with a glass of wine at the moment (Boordy Blush, which is the bottle I picked up there on Saturday). It wasn't a difficult day, just a long and tiring day.

2 comments:

Lolly said...

Wow, great progress on the Tempting! My sock did not get too much love last night - I guess I was talking and laughing too much! ;)

Sounds like a very busy day for you. What dept do you work for in the library?

Take care! and thanks for the comment on my blog!

Molly Morrison said...

You had trouble finding that Panera, too? That makes me feel so much better! I knew I was in the right shopping center (or at least, I was pretty sure) but then I was getting a bit nervous there. But I found it, and so did you, so all's well that ends well! :-D