Sunday, July 09, 2006

Started another project


Wait... I'm actually using stash yarn for something. I've had my eye on IK's Chevron Rib Tank for a long long time. I may have actually found this pattern before I found Knitty, so... it's been a while. And the Rowan Summer Tweed I had in the stash got me close enough to gauge that I'm just going for it. I am sizing it down a wee bit (their smallest size is a 34.5" chest circumference, and I'm trying to size it to 32").

The yarn looks neat knit up, but it's a pain to work with. It feels almost like there's a residue on it, and it squeaks on the needles. There's also no elasticity to it at all (cotton and silk, so no surprise there)... this may be a very off-and-on project, but it'll look good when it's finished.

One thing I like is that it's not standard ribbing, it's garter ribbing. You can kind of see it in the picture here, but since I'm only a bit over 1" in, the stitch pattern isn't incredibly obvious yet.

No comments: