Monday, July 31, 2006

Last minute plans

Guess what I did this weekend...

Phanatic

Yep, I went to a surprise Phillies game!

Philly from the ballpark

The original plan for this weekend had my parents coming down here (I haven't seen them since Mothers Day, and they haven't seen my apartment since the day I moved in two years ago). However, they had one ball game to go to on Friday night, another game on Sunday night, and were apparently feeling overwhelmed at the prospect of coming down here for 24 hours in between. So, they suggested that I go up there instead, and they'd take me to Sunday night's game. Definitely doable!

It was a whole lot of fun. I'm not really into sports, but I've always had a soft spot for baseball, specifically the Phillies. Chase Utley has a hitting streak going... last night's game was the 31st game in a row where he's gotten a hit (he's up to 32 games now), and to make it even better, the Phils won -- they made up for it by losing impressively this afternoon. :) Anyway, we had a great time!

No comments: