Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Yum

Dinner last night turned into dinner followed by coffee and knitting and talking about strip clubs. Good times. :) I had fun (and a good bit of food), although I was my usual painfully quiet self... Any time I get around a group of people, I generally feel like I don't have much to add to the conversation. I need to work on that, because I have this nagging feeling that people see it as me being bored or irritated. Note to self: you're not as boring as you think you are, and people aren't going to be annoyed if you pipe up more often.

Anyway, Mango Grove/Mirchi Wok in Columbia? Such good food. I definitely need to get back there.

So, I got home from dinner and saw some kind of creature on the sidewalk in front of my apartment. At first I thought it was a really fat worm, but it was moving too quickly to be a worm. Then I thought maybe it was a long caterpillar, even though it's a bit late in the year for most caterpillars. Once I had gotten close enough, I could see what it was: a 3" long millipede! I've never seen anything like it outside of an invertebrate exhibit at the zoo. Of course, by the time I got back outside with my camera, it had disappeared into the grass. Still, pretty neat (if a little creepy).

Knitting update coming just as soon as I've made any noticeable progress on anything. :)

1 comment:

Coleen said...

I for one do not think you come off bored or irritated. Just quiet! And no, no one will be annoyed if you pipe up, or even choose to stay quiet - we just like having you around!