Saturday, March 18, 2006

St. Patrick's Day yarn sale: Plan B

Well, I didn't make it over to All About Yarn yesterday as planned. It would have required me going after work, and a 15% off coupon isn't enough to make me want to get on the highways around here at rush hour.

So, Plan B. Woolwinders in Rockville is also having a St. Patrick's Day. Their sale lasts all weekend, and their sale includes not just green, but also ORANGE yarn (I could knit a hunting vest!). Plus, Woolwinders is a store I've never been to, so there's the added "Undiscovered LYS!!" goodness. I'm thinking a trip there is in the works for tomorrow. I just have to go early so that I can get back in time to watch as many NCAA tournament games as possible.

Right now, I'm knitting, having a glass of wine, and watching the Wichita State/Tennessee game. The only thing that would make this better would be if CBS stopped showing the Applebee's Shrimp Sensations ad during every commercial break. The one with the two guys singing to the tune of the Gilligan's Island theme? It was irritating the first time I saw it, and now that I've seen it over 50 times in 3 days, it makes me want to pull my hair out.

2 comments:

brewerburns said...

Hey. I just thought I would say hi. You know, instead of lurking. I'm watching the gonzaga/indiana game as we speak. And it looks like the zags might win. Yeah!

Stitchcounter said...

argh. how much do i hate that commercial too? both my teams are doing well in the tournament so i'm enjoying all the games so far. hope woolwinders was fun.