Sunday, April 02, 2006

Consider the following

1. Flash Your Stash has made me feel woefully inadequate in terms of stash acquisition.

2. Stitch DC has a brand new location in Chevy Chase. "Brand new" as in "just opened a couple of days ago".

3. Stitch DC had a 20% off sale from 12-2 today for Daylight Saving Time.

This is a confluence of circumstances that could ONLY result in me going yarn shopping today, right?

Didn't go nuts... Crazy shopping sprees aren't in my nature. Of course, this is why my stash is still small. On the way back home, I seriously considered going to Ikea to look at media storage so that my current DVD shelves could be repurposed for yarn storage. I ended up NOT doing this, but it'll happen soon.

Ok, Stitch DC. I drove there, and for future reference, there is a Safeway across the street with a parking lot; today was a gorgeous day, so I parked a little way back on Morrison and walked up to Connecticut.

The store is in the Chevy Chase Arcade, on the main floor. It's about the same size as the front room at the Capitol Hill store, maybe a little smaller. They have a good selection of yarn, even a couple of things I haven't seen at the Capitol Hill store (including some lines from Blue Heron, which I'm trying very hard not to become totally obsessed with). They still have a little ways to go before things are running totally smoothly; right now, they have no internet connection because of some issues with their internet provider (I believe the exact phrasing was "They played a really nasty trick on us.").


On to the important stuff. What has joined my stash?

2 balls of Cascade Fixation, "Blueberry"
This is going to be for the Mon Petit Chou pattern at Knitty. Don't ask WHY I want to make this, because I'm very very single and it's not like anyone's going to see me in it... but the pattern is so cute.

3 hanks of Blue Sky Alpacas Alpaca and Silk, "Plum"
I just have to make sure I don't accidentally drool on this. It's absolutely gorgeous, and so soft.

1 comment:

Marji said...

ohhh, you will love love love the blue sky alpaca's Alpaca & Silk. I'm casting on two sweaters this week in that yarn - one in black, one in green. And if my yarn stash weren't so out of control I'd buy more of it.
I hate to think I'm one of those that made you feel inadequate. Thanks for visiting my blog, and please recognize that a stash that doesn't weigh on you is a great stash.