Friday, February 24, 2006

Cue the anthem

It's February. Who wouldn't want to wear a kicky tank top in February?


Here are the specs:
Pattern: Ribbon X-back from Knitty
Yarn: Katia Cindy (main color), TLC Cotton Plus (stripe)
Needles: Size 3
Total stitches: 26,148
Total time: About 25 hours

Did I learn anything? Well, it was my first time doing something in the round with no seaming, and I used a three-needle bind-off for the first time. And there was the matter of adjusting the pattern to match my yarn gauge. That part went really well; the measurements are what the pattern says they should be, but the problem is that I should have built some negative ease into the thing. Duh. I spent some time fixing the size problem this morning, and now it fits. It's officially, for real, no kidding, DONE.

Now, I just need to wait for warm weather. :)

6 comments:

Annie said...

Looks great! Congratualtions.

Trillian42 said...

You didn't learn the "negative ease" thing from watching me frog mine? =)

Seriously, though - it looks great! I definitely like the white stripe.

Jerry & Maxy said...

It fits like a glove! And looks great on you!

And thanks for visiting my blog last week, and cheering me on. I appreciated it a lot!

Zonda said...

Nice job! Looks really good on you!!

Anonymous said...

really cute. Good job--thanks for posting your link on the message board--Sarah

Stitchcounter said...

Very cute. Congrats on getting done before the closing ceremonies.