Monday, February 13, 2006

Knitting Olympics update #3

A couple of WIP pictures:



I have just a smidge under 4.5" done. This is good. If I can keep up a pace of around an inch (or a little more) per day, I'll have the main body done by 2/20. The upper part should go more quickly, what with there being fewer stitches, so I should almost definitely be able to get that done by 2/26.

Numbers-wise so far: 51 rounds completed = 9180 stitches, somewhere around 9.5-10 hours total knitting time.

Went to All About Yarn today. They were having a sale on all red yarn... so of course, I didn't buy any red yarn. Last summer, I had picked up 6 skeins of Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool in "Shocking Pink". Got it home, did a bit of a swatch, and realized that I don't have enough to make a sweater (which is what I want to do with it). The last couple of times I've been to AAY, they've had the same color in stock, but I can never remember the dye lot of the stuff I already have. I decided today to go ahead and pick up a couple of skeins; I thought the dye lot number sounded familiar, and if it ended up not being the same, I'd just alternate rows. I got home and checked--it's the same dye lot! Yay!

2 comments:

Trillian42 said...

Yay same dye lot!

Which is particularly cool, since you got the first bunch at Stitch DC!

roxy =^o^= said...

I *heart* All About Yarn!

We all need to hang with piles of squishy yarn, sushi and some Cosmopolitans....wheeeee!