Thursday, February 02, 2006

Phil says: 6 more weeks of winter

My sweater sleeves are coming along nicely. I've finally realized that, since I'm doing both of them at once, I have a lot more stitches on the needles than I did with either of the body sections. A-HA! That's why it feels like they're going slower than the body pieces went. I got over 2" done on the sleeves tonight, though. When I actually work for a couple of hours without stopping, I can knit pretty quickly. Unfortunately, I get distracted by shiny things really easily, so I usually don't work for a couple of hours without stopping.

Tonight's Office was classic. I used to work in an office exactly like the one on the show, complete with the attached warehouse. Our boss liked to occasionally go out in the warehouse and "help" with unloading trucks, and this always resulted in him driving a forklift around. When that popped up in tonight's episode, I was on the floor in hysterics. If they ever have a storyline where Michael decides that caramel popcorn has an offensive odor and he goes nuts trying to get rid of the smell by using half a can of economy brand "citrus" air freshener, I will know without a doubt that they had cameras planted at my old office.

Other than Earl and The Office, I had designated this evening as a Movies and Knitting night, with the hopes that my setting aside official knitting time would result in me getting a good amount done on my sleeves. It worked pretty well--over 2" done. Movie-wise, I watched Groundhog Day... on Groundhog Day. Does that make me "that guy"? Then, I popped in Serenity. I should have realized that there are large parts of that movie that I can't knit through, because I want to WATCH THE MOVIE. If only I had watched something else, I would have sleeves that are closer to being finished. :)

I can't help it, though. If my geek side and my knitting side get into a fight, the geek side will win. Geek Me has been around much, much longer. I've only been knitting for a little bit over a year... actually, at this time last year, I had just finished my long sweater coat, which was my first successful project that wasn't a scarf. It made its debut at a Super Bowl party. This sweater is purple-ish and has sparkly bits, and I probably looked kind of silly wearing it at a Super Bowl party... I didn't even care, I was just so proud of myself for having made an actual wearable garment.

No comments: