Thursday, February 23, 2006

Knitting Olympics update: DONE!!

My Ribbon X-back is done!!! Woohoo!

Ok, "done" is kind of open to interpretation. At the moment, it's about 4" bigger around than I am, so it's not exactly wearable. I'll need to take it in a bit, but I'm not worrying about that right now. It actually looks fine for pictures; because of how the straps are, all the extra fabric gathers at the back, so it looks fine from the front. Weird. Anyway, there will be pictures tomorrow (just not from the back). :)


There's a thread on the knittyboard about senior pictures, and I figure, if I'm going to scan in some of these gems, I might as well get as much embarrassment as possible from them.


Photographers of the world: don't have people look this far off to the side in pictures. They end up looking like dorks, and if they're like me and are wearing a shirt with a fake vest sewn to the front of it, they don't need any help looking like dorks.

Sadly, you only get an approximation of how godawful the pattern on the vest is because the picture cuts off most of it. It's hideous.





For anyone who has laughed when I told them I played bass drum in marching band, I give you evidence that I wasn't kidding.

The awesome thing about being in the percussion section (besides the general disregard for rules and the unspoken agreement to stir up dissention whenever possible) was that we didn't have to wear capes because of the drum harnesses.




No comments: