Wednesday, February 15, 2006

My Valentines Day

So, I was productive last night. I:

1. Baked a loaf of my biscuit bread (so named because it tastes exactly like the Bisquik drop biscuits that my mom makes, but in bread form). I'll have to post the recipe once it's been absolutely perfected--it's in the tweaking phase right now.

2. Watched my DVD of the "I Love Lisa" episode of The Simpsons... I was in the mood to watch it after nabbing the screencaps.

3. Roasted a red pepper on my gas burners. If you've never done it, it's really cathartic and fun. There's something awesome about purposely charring something beyond recognition, not to mention the general 'yum' factor .

4. Made dinner.

5. Did a load of laundry.

6. Worked on my Knitting Olympics project. When I last left off, I was just a little bit under 4.5". I knit 5 rounds (which should give me another half-inch or so), measured again... still 4.5". Poor stunted growth knitting project. After another few rounds, it started growing again, and NOW it's at 5".


Tonight, I'm not doing anything but knitting and watching Lost and Project Runway. :)

I had to laugh at the "Johnny Weir is totally a badass figure skater" spot that they showed last night. Johnny, maybe you shouldn't declare that you're not the typical "sparkly" skater when, in the short program, your left arm is covered with an intricate sequin design (sequins are sparkly, Johnny). Seriously, has he actually done anything controversial, or is he just trying to make himself sound anti-establishment? That whole segment was hilarious.

No comments: