Saturday, February 11, 2006

Knitting Olympics update #2

I have 2.5" of my Ribbon X-back done, and have just finished my first ball of yarn. For those of you playing along at home, this means that I probably don't have enough yarn to finish the whole thing (if I do have enough, it's going to be very close). However, this was something I anticipated as a possibility, so I'm ok with this happening. I need to decide whether I want to do a random 2" stripe of another yarn somewhere on the body (probably just below where the armhole bindoffs start), or if I want to do the entire body in the ribbon yarn, and then switch to another yarn for the top section. I don't have to make the decision on that for another few days.

It feels like it's going quickly, considering that it's seed stitch on fairly small needles. I'll try to post a picture either tomorrow or Monday.

Every time they show the big Olympic torch, all I can think is, "Gandalf's staff." And then I start laughing.

1 comment:

Trillian42 said...

Well, it LOOKS like Gandalf's staff - that's why you are thinking that. (That would be Gandalf the White, not Gandalf the Gray, of course)