Tuesday, January 17, 2006

A few things...

I have achieved 1.5" of armhole on the front half of my sweater. After another 3/4", I can start decreasing for the v-neck... fewer stitches, faster knitting (I'm hoping).

-----

My on-job training starts tomorrow. The libraries were closed on Monday, and I would have gone in today, except that my training supervisor told me, "If we schedule your first day for the day after a holiday, we'll never see you again." I have to say, it's nice that they're concerned about not overwhelming new employees.

-----

This will not matter to anyone other than me: I've reached Video Archivist status over at the TWOP forums. Woohoo!

-----

And a final note: I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but every so often I'll see or hear a word that I have never heard before... and then it starts appearing EVERYWHERE. Such is the case right now with "bloviate". I had no knowledge of this word before last week, and since then it has turned up quite conspicuously in three different places. Apparently, the universe or karma or something wants me to learn this word, so I shall add it to my vocabulary.

No comments: