Thursday, January 26, 2006

Why are all the Charlie episodes like this?

So, tonight's Lost... was it just me, or did almost nothing happen in that episode? I'm feeling very "meh" about it, and Lost isn't a show that I typically feel "meh" about. I don't know what it is about the Charlie flashback episodes... they seem so bogged down with showing his Epic Struggle for Redemption that they forget to move the plot along at all. Remember, Charlie is the moth...

I got more enjoyment out of tonight's Project Runway, which worries me a lot (I have guilt issues about liking PR as much as I do). Although, as far as embarrassing television shows go, I think my worst would have to be World's Wildest Police Videos on Spike TV. I don't know what I enjoy more: the actual footage, or the voiceover work by Sheriff John Bunnell. "This drunk driver went for a joy ride, but the only ride he'll be taking now will be in the back of a police cruiser... to county jail." The dramatic pause there is absolutely essential.

Training continues to go well. My supervisor told me today that I seem comfortable with things, and she doesn't think I'll have any problems at all. Apparently, they occasionally have people who get so completely overwhelmed when they finally see what the job entails that they quit after the first day of training. Personally, I'm fine, but I can see why some folks have a strong freak-out reaction. Everything is entirely computer-based, so if a person isn't good with computers, there's a lot to get used to... and there's also constant supervision, so if you screw anything up, someone is standing RIGHT THERE. If you haven't accepted that you're probably going to do something stupid occasionally (like, say, entering a decimal point on the cash register), it could be disconcerting to have someone immediately tell you that you're doing something wrong. However, I accept that I might do stupid things occasionally, so... no problem. :)

No comments: